Eduard’s 1/48 Tempest Mk. V- Getting Started

Despite its age, I really like Eduard’s 1/48 Tempest Mk. V kit. It fits together well, isn’t overly complicated, and it looks the part. I’d previously built two of these kits- one as a standard Mk. V, and another as a Mk. II, using a resin conversion set. And despite having recently built both of those, I decided I wanted to do another.

For this build, I’m using one of the older Profipack kits, though I’ll be using decals from their Limited Edition boxing of a few years ago. This kit has some decent resin parts, and lots of little photo etch bits. I decided to just leave off the photoetch- I just don’t want the hassle.

I am applying a few “Spanish” techniques, as I’m trying those out and adding them to my toolbox when I think it will work. I’m pretty happy with it. I know it’s not what everyone likes, but I enjoy applying those methods.

I’m waiting on the arrival of some Ammo of Mig washes to arrive that I recently ordered. First time using those, and I thought this would be a perfect test bed for them.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

Website Powered by

%d bloggers like this: